Write from the Beginning…and Beyond
Effective writing starts with clear thinking. Build the writing skills your students will need for college and career success with Write from the Beginning…and Beyond.
This developmental, vertically aligned K-12 writing curriculum is rigorous enough to serve as the backbone of instruction for an entire district. It builds on the power of Thinking Maps to establish a school-wide focus on effective writing across all grade levels and content areas. With Write from the Beginning…and Beyond, teachers don’t just follow a program—they build their capacity as writing teachers. Our whole-school approach helps students internalize the skills and strategies used by effective writers, so they can apply them in academic discourse wherever their paths take them.
- A comprehensive writing curriculum that meets state and national standards
- Domain-based resources cover multiple modes including: narrative, expository/informative, argumentative, and response to text
- Focus on critical thinking and self-evaluation skills
- Step-by-step training differentiated to meet the specific needs of each grade
- An easy-to-follow Teacher Manual with direct, explicit instruction, including developmental rubrics and more than one hundred mini-lessons designed to address the essential criteria of effective writing
- Strategies for differentiated instruction according to students’ individual needs